Re: notices, etc.

Jason,
   For the most part these out of site laws, usually are passed by the
local towns to make them look nice. On one hand, I don't have a problem
with requiring vehicles that are out in the open look nice, what I don't
like is the attitude that goes with it.
   For instance. My father has a nice looking Ford Falcon parked in the
driveway. It is registered and insured, but; if it wasn't the town would
fine us until we got rid of it, or registered and insured it. That is so
wrong and annoying to me. We actually had a cop come to our house and
threaten us because we had Bad and the Falcon parked side by side in the
driveway and they hadn't moved in a couple of months, They told us if we
didn't get rid of them we would be fined. We had to go down to the
borough hall and prove that they were registered and insured!
   Now these two notices I just posted though are state goverments
stepping into local goverment issues. The reason for these laws is an
attempt to get rid of any old cars. These are akin to 'clunker laws'
where they assume that just because a car is old it is also a gross
polluter. For the record all three of my Scouts come in well below the
state standard for emmissions.
   I don't know if that answered your question or not.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
http://www.triplediamond.org