Re: Scout versus ScoutII

Correct, at least not from IH and not from anyone else that I am aware
of.  But several people have told me that they have 800's with hydrovacs
mounted on the fenders that previous owners have swapped in, just as
people are installing Scout II power steering gears in 800's now so that
someday someone may buy one and think it came from the factory that way.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:15:57 -0700 "Matt and Stacy Sopher"
<sopher@domain.elided> writes:
>Not even in aftermarket, right Howard?
>Matt Sopher

The 800A
>>>and 800B were the most up to date versions.  800A were made from 69 to
>>70 and are easily recognized by their round marker light.  The 800B was

>made in 71and can be recognized by the rectangle marker lights.  In
these trucks
>>on could get power steering, power brakes, V8, Automatic, 3 speed and 4
>>speeds.
>>>

>>Correction--NO power steering or brakes in any Scout 800 from the
>>factory.  These were first available with the Scout II.
>>
>>Howard Pletcher
>>Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]