         Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 13:00:56 -0800
         From: Al Evitts <albert@domain.elided>
         Subject: Oil Pumps

         Digesters:  I am a little confused on oil pumps, why does
     the JC
         Whitless list a new oil pump for IHC engines and show
     (except scout and pickups)? I have heard that if you put a 392
     in a scout you must use the pan and pump from the original
     scout engine,why?  It would seem that if a pump will work in
     one 345 engine it should work in another no matter what
     vehicle it is installed in.  Confused in Oklahoma.
             Al