Another Binder Weekend?

Two Scouts in one week...

Just a bit before noon on Saturday I'll be bringing home Scout II #6.

Yes, another one!  I went to the boneyard to dicker last night.. I'm
saving it from a future life as a YARD TRUCK... then again, I plan on
dismantling the poor thing...

1972 Scout II.  304/auto (Dunno if it's the BW or the 727 yet), D20.
Dana 30/44 with drums.  Unknown ratio.  Manual WARN hubs.  Power
steering, manual brakes.

Buckets.  Rollbar (probably pipe).  Body is in pretty good shape without
gaping rust holes and just a few dents.. one fender dinged, both end
caps.. liftgate hinges are torn out a bit..

It runs.  I could drive it away.

Instead?  I think the plan is:

Get it home, strip the front clip off (spare parts!), jack the body up
off the frame, roll the frame and running gear and drivetrain out from
under it.  Remove 304/auto/D20 - spare parts.  Then remove the Dana 30
front and '44 rear and set aside - spare parts.  Then yank the bent
frame outta the '75 at my house.. pull the 345/T18/D20 off of it, remove
the springs and the Dana 44s and swap the frames.  Reinstall the
345/T18/D20 to the new frame, and roll it under the 75 body tub.
Reattach tub, then install the new front clip for it (not the one from
the '72.. I have the front clip from the racecar) and get that 75 road
worthy and outta the front of my house. :-)

Someone already asked for dibs on the '72 body tub.

I found a '78 SII in Billings with a frame and body and interior.. with
a blown Nissan diesel and no axles.. sounds like a great home for some
left over parts.. I'm thinking - swap in the Dana 30/44 axles, my 196
and one of my 3spd transmissions.. and I have another runner!  Most
likely it'll be a long-term loaner to Mom for a winter rig... and maybe
she'll make me loan her my Bikini top for it..

Yes, my mom rides Harleys and would love a topless Scout!  ;-)  (for now
she makes do with a '68 Chevy 1/2T)

Anyhow.. I should have a nice collection of motors n' transmissions and
body parts before long.. and you can bet I'll make a list of what I
don't really need to keep.. and there'll be a post prior to RMIHR. :-)

Tee-hee-hee.  Sixth Scout!

Oh yeah.. priced a Chevy front axle for the racer.. $150 and I'll just
need the F150 hubs/rotors and brakes!  Buy that next month..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 SII - when will I get it started/done?
'77 SII - daily driver/trail rig
'77/78 SII - racer in progress
'78 SII - parted out and cut up - but it lives on in the racer
'77 SII Traveler - tub, frame, axles.. what will I do with it?
'72 SII - parts donor for so many others.. (this weekend)
'78 SII - New "stock" daily driver after I fetch it next month or so..