Components of a Bad boy Ignition System

Jim and digesteres, fanatics, and loonies (more than three scouts),

The ignition I just bought is all MSD equipment and have always been happy
running it on other vehicles. I was a member of the local race track and
90% of the 300 plus cars ran MSD. That was a good enough testimonie for me
to try MSD and I will never turn back unless its a breakthrough thing. I
would stay away from Jacobs, not that its not good but I have heard and am
convinced be seeing both that you can get the MSD setup cheaper and it
performs as good if not Better.

I personally just bought:

MSD 6  $125.99(will be rubber mounting it and using waterproff connectors)
The offroad series box is potted but the tech said only if I was going to
be in a moist environment like rivers, mud ALL the time.

MSD BLASTER SS COIL $39.99(better that the Blaster 2's as its not oil
filled and does not soak up heat. Its an E-core design. Also when ya mount
the regular coils sideways the oil does not fully cover the windings and
that is not good) The blaster can mount anyposition.

MSD ON-BOARD TIMING CONTROL $92.99(lets me with the twist of a dash nob go
15 degrees retard or advance to eliminate pinging for when pulling, going
up a grade, bad tank of gas, or when hot in summer traffic.

PERTRONICS IGNIGHTER $59.99 for the delco distributer Part # 1181 (the one
that has the window in the cap)

COST TOTAL = $318.96

I have MSD plug wires as well and am very happy with them.
The point here is my ignition system is almost all MSD so one tech call and
i get all my questions answered (rather than having different brands of
ignition parts), Cost total of 318.96 is cheaper AND you can control timing
as you drive (Jacobs can not do this). This is what I recomend.

FUTURE PLANS: get a MSD distributer and have it machinerd to fir the IH
motor. People have converted the delco GM so I think I will start there
from MSD and modify it to fit. If it works I will make them available for
sale through BCB.

I then got the Russell 7/16-20 ONE man Brake bleeding screws for the
calipers in the front and the 10mm-1.5 for the read disk chevy calipers.
They are neat you crack it 1/4 turn and get in and pump. Wolla the brakes
are bled via a one way check valve. Retighten then you are good to go in
minuts. Cost is $9.99 a set

Fleckster
who is still planning what to do on spring Break
Anyone want to go wheeling...invite me i will drive there if its feasible
                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule