More ignition

Hey Ken,

you are the guy I was refering to doing the modified distributer. I want to
get the MSD non hei style GM and do the same so it plugs into my msd and
then I will have an entire MSD system. I will have to let ya know how it goes.

As for the pretronics, they are great when they work. Mine as well as John
Ekelmanns went out. The board gets moist and then expand separates severing
the solder joints. The main problem is when they rebuild thoes 175 dollar
ones they use the same electronics board if it tests out fine at the time.
A new board runs about $90. Thats why I say the pretronics in a used points
distribute is better.

As for the Gold box We the digest finnally with Howards input as well came
to the conclusion if ya keep it cool (like in the airstream bybthe grill
area it works fine reliably. But if ya mount it tomthe firewall right in
the heat path then its only a matter of time.

Fleckster
who is a ignition Guru (by means of deciphering cars at the race track,
motorcycles as a kid, plenty of different cars and models, as well as the
almighty scout
                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule