Re: More ignition

The aliens commander decided John Fleck <jlfleck@domain.elided> would make a
perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>As for the pretronics, they are great when they work. Mine as well as John
>Ekelmanns went out. The board gets moist and then expand separates severing
>the solder joints. The main problem is when they rebuild thoes 175 dollar
>ones they use the same electronics board if it tests out fine at the time.
>A new board runs about $90. Thats why I say the pretronics in a used points
>distribute is better.

Just so we don't confuse everyone guys...

PERTRONIX is the company that makes the a product called the "Ignitor"
which is a miniature self contained electronic replacement for ignition
points.  It fits into Holley distributors fitted with breaker points.  It's
inexpensive, durable and *very* reliable.

Now PRESTOLITE on the other hand is the distributor IH started using in '79
models which had the integral electronic control unit mounted under the
breaker plate.

So... Mr. Ignition Guru (Fleck)... you *are* talking about moisture
problems you've had with the PRESTOLITE distributor *not* the PERTRONIX
Ignitor... isn't that right?

John L.
Who isn't... and doesn't want to be a self-proclaimed guru on anything.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT