Re: CBs revisited - John will speak again..

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:52:46 -0700 Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided> writes:

>FRS?

>I use my radio on road trips where it comes in handy... for Highway
>Patrol locations.. or knowing that there's a Diesel spill in downtown
>Indianapolis so I should take the bypass around it.. where the
>traffic
>jams are, etc.  Very handy.

fm radio will tell you that.

>And yes, I've been stuck in deep snow where I shouldn't have been..
>and
>raised help on the CB.

how populated is it where you wheel, Tom?  I mostly wheel in the saltlake
desert area, and I rarely see other vehicles.  but w/ a ham I can easily
reach dugway or wendover or tooele/Grantsville if I need to.

But I can also remember if I have doubts about my vehicles ability to do
a task, I don't try it.

Joe

>-Tom

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]