Re: CBs revisited - emergencies

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 josad@domain.elided wrote:
> how populated is it where you wheel, Tom?  I mostly wheel in the saltlake
> desert area, and I rarely see other vehicles.  but w/ a ham I can easily
> reach dugway or wendover or tooele/Grantsville if I need to.
> But I can also remember if I have doubts about my vehicles ability to do
> a task, I don't try it.

*very* sparsely populated where I wheel!  Which is why I almost never go
out alone when I'll be "wheeling" any more.. I go in groups.  I have,
however, gotten stuck sort of "in town" (or on the fringe).. the result
of a few bad situations in a row (see: Antics, Big Stuck)

Now, when I get a winch...

-Tom