Re: clutch problems

Grant,
I didn't know the bearing wasn't one piece, I guess I had no reason to inspect it that cloesly, but the two throw out bearings I have, one pickup, and one Scout deisel appear to be the same.  I will compare them closely when I have it apart.  This was my original theory when it didn't disengage at all.  I figured the throw out retainer (What I thought was part of the bearing, not a pressed assy.) was different.  But when I pulled the inspection plate off, they appeared to be identical, but perhaps not.  I didn't touch the clutch, it appears to have plenty of meat on it so I left it as it was.  It didn't slip at all the other day when I drove it, it was just tough to shift into 3rd and 4th without the clutch.
Thanks for the info, I haven't given up, I like my Terra too much to assume this one can never be fixed.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20