clutch problems

Jeff-
    I'm not sure about your'e Terms, I't probably be more clear if I had a Trany sitin infront of
me. The part i'm talking about is the throwout bearing retainer It is the meatal thing that rides up and
down the shaft.W/grease fitting on it. the Retainer has a bearing pressed onto one end. You should get a new bearing pressed
on It. It IS NOT a one piece unit. The retainer is shorter for trucks and longer for scouts.
I will measure my old retainer(short/truck) in my parts bin. and let you know its dimensions later on today.
If you'res is wrong, You canget a new one through the mail for about 40$.

There is another problem that can cause your situation. When you screwed down the pressure plate,
how far did the fingers go in? They are NOT suposed to go in all the way. If youre disc
is too thick, as mine is, the fingers will go to far in. I fixed it by puting .060" spacers (washers) between
the pressure plate and the flywheel. I do not recomend this as, this could inhibit heat conduction from the
hot pressure plate to the cooler flywheel, making the pressure plate warp. My clutch disc is .400"
I think It should be about .250" Can anyone confirm this.

You're problem could be either one ofthese, both, or somthing else i dont know about.
With mine, BOTH were wrong. I got real good at droping my trany :-)
I susspect ther's a nation wide problem with the auto part books/computers that gives
scouts too thick clutches.

Good luck, Dont give up hope, i know this can be frustating. I was about ready to pour gasoline all over
my scout and set it afire last summer. (Just kidding guys)

accualy,this is my second time typing this message. my computer locked up just as i was about to
send it before. I was about to set fire to my computer too.

Grant