Re: Uniden CB

> Haven't heard any reports on the new Cobra handheld CB. Looks much
> more advanced than the old ones, small size, digital display, NOAA
> weather tuning too. Shorter range but how far do you need on most
> group trail rides.

One of the J##P guys in y 4x4 club has one.  The range on it is pretty
pathetic.  Works ok when we're all in a tight group, (ie within sight
and too lazy to shout) but we have a hard time hearing him at all as
soon as we get on the road and split up about 1/2 mile or so.  Being
inside a metal cage probably doesn't help much for its performance,

-Chris