Uniden CB

Skip,

    Don't know if you're interested but the Uniden web page has an offer on factory refurbished radios at a great price. I have a 510XL and they are great small radios that fit well because of their small size. They are well respected and have been around for many years. For $32 you can't go too wrong. They have a 90 day warranty. Web page below.
Uniden Refurb 510XL

Just another option to consider. You could also probably find a good deal on a used one in the local papers but no warranties unless there is a local shop that would have used ones. Some truck stops have radio shops, check prices but they are well aquatinted with servicing CB's.

Haven't heard any reports on the new Cobra handheld CB. Looks much more advanced than the old ones, small size, digital display, NOAA weather tuning too. Shorter range but how far do you need on most group trail rides.

Standard disclaimers apply, just my personal preferences from years experience repairing this type of equipment. I'm in computer consulting now. Good luck.

Matt
--
If a vegetarian eats vegetables
What the heck does a humanitarian eat?