Re: Trannies, Trannies...

Joel,
   I think you may want to do a rear band adjustment. That would be the
one inside the pan. (Lose 6 more quarts) I can't explain the grinding
noise, except something not put together right internally.
   I don't think you can swap the Cheerokee output shaft and housing
that easily, or I don't think you want to. I know a fellow who wants to
my old water trashed tranny from me so he can rebuild his Cheerokee 727
with Scout guts. He said that the Cheerokee guts are weak and the Scout
ones are stronger.
   I don't know if any of this helped, but...

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
http://www.triplediamond.org