Spring Mounts - four wheelin' service intervals

OK, what is it with me and spring mounts?  First the front two mounts let
go on me... now.. I'm crawling under the Scout for some last minute
pre-1200 mile drive (600 towing) inspections and I remember I wanted to
tighten up the e-brake.. well, while also hitting all zerks within reach,
what should I find... the lower portion of my passenger side rear
(forward) spring mount has broken the factory weld!  It was still held on
by the vertical face and the top (I assume, since I can't see the weld on
the top, my head's too big <g>).  After I finished getting everything
*else* ready, I backed the Scout into the driveway and did my first
overhead welds... uuuhhhhgglleeee.  But it's better than it was.. *I*
*feel* better anyhow.. ;-)  I now have all weekend to think on how to
reinforce those rear mounts to make 'em much stouter than the factory
ever thought they should be... I'll grind down my ugly welds and do a
proper reinforcing job..

Now, it was bad enough telling Michelle (gf) that I was bolting the
transmission crossmember back in last night since it just FELL OUT.. and
that I changed out the master cylinder on Saturday so we had brakes, and
that I changed out a rotor on Sunday so we had brakes (the one on was my
temp, and it wasn't true, so it shook when stopping.. bad enough just me,
but with me *and* a Traveler...)... now I'll see her tomorrow and tell
her, "Oh yeah, I was re-welding the spring perch back on at midnight last
night..." :-)

Am I just hard on equipment or something?  Heck, I broke the zerk fitting
on one of my front driveshaft U-joints... of all the luck.. ;)

Oh well.  The truck is prepped, oil, coolant.. spare parts.. chain,
tie downs, gas.. brakes flushed, e-brake adjusted... and my tow bar is in
the back, along with my nice and freshly painted tow-bar "bumperette"..
can't wait to mar it up when I "help" it onto the Traveler with the help
of the 3lbs sledge I packed..

Any thoughts on reinforcing the forward rear-spring (fixed) mounts?

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout