rear axles

Digesters,
   I have Dennis Petterson's 79 Scout's rear axle housing out in my
driveway. This axle had spit the passenger side shaft out on the highway
on sunday. I pulled the drivers side shaft today and that shaft appeared
to be ready to spit that one as well! The bearing was fine, but; it
wasn't pressed in at all. I just tugged the shaft out with my hands.
   The tubes had an oil seal behind the bearings and races, which I
don't remember having on my 79 in Ugly and the bearing and press on race
apear different than the ones on Ugly.
   Ugly used Set 10 bearings from NAPA which look different than these.
Could it be that this axle should have used the SET 10 bearings, but had
the other style on it?
   There was some disscussion a while back about there being two
different sets of bearing styles.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
Keep Scoutin' and I'll be Travelalling along!
3 Scout II's and still counting!