RE: MSD Noise

John A. Landry [mailto:jlandry@domain.elided] confided:

> The MSD units do emit quite a bit of RF interference.  It could
> be that the
> unit is causing an RF resonance in the stock dash mounted speaker which is
> nearby.  My MSD is mounted under the hood on the firewall, and I
> can hear it
> in my stereo speakers when the sound is turned all the way down.

Thanks John.  I checked, and it sure is coming from the unit.  So it's
probably going back.

Just in case you are loosing sleep over that MSD and its messy RFI...I
noticed a device for eliminating MSD RF: in my current Jegs catalog (page
106, actually) they have a noise filter designed specifically for the MSD
unit, for a mere $25.

Ken