Re: MSD Noise

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and pharmer
<pharmer@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>Just in case you are loosing sleep over that MSD and its messy RFI...I
>noticed a device for eliminating MSD RF: in my current Jegs catalog (page
>106, actually) they have a noise filter designed specifically for the MSD
>unit, for a mere $25.

Unfortunately Ken, I'm pretty sure that device is only designed to eliminate
any electrical interference the MSD might inject into the vehicle's 12volt
electrical system.  It will do nothing to eliminate RF interference being
picked up by the speakers acting like antennas.  After speaking with MSD about
it, I decided not to waste my money on the filter.  When I have the speakers
turned up to any reasonable volume, you can't hear the noise anyway... it's
very subtle.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)