MSD

I just installed my MSD 6AL.  Sure enough, whenever I touch anything I've
got to ask you folks a billion questions.

First off, I've noticed an improvement in the "power" throughout the rpms.
This kind of surprised me, since I only expected a small change at the very
low end, where the multi-spark could make a difference.  But then I was
thinking, that for me, throughout the rpm band probably only means 800-3000
rpms!  What is the top rpm that it is capable of doing its multi-spark thing
at?

I think that I've probably got a problem somewhere that is cause a bit of an
acceleration lag.  It used to mildly hesitate when I floored the pedal, and
sometimes almost stall.  I've driven it this way for about two years, so I
almost can't notice this anymore!  Anyway, the MSD seemed to help a bit, but
just enough for me to notice it again.  Does this sound like a holly
accelerator pump thing?

I've installed it inside below the dash, and above where the passenger's
feet would be.  It's also mounted on rubber feet for vibration isolation.

Here's the deal - it creates quite a racket!  There's a loud crackling noise
that comes from it.  Sort of a ticking that is somewhat related to rpm.
I'll need to make it deal with engine compartment heat if I can't quiet it
down.  Is this normal?

Also, I noticed a bit of a burning stink after driving for a couple hours on
the freeway today.  But it was merely warm to the touch.  Anyone else go
through this?  Does this go away (without frying the unit along the way)?

Thanks!

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II MSD6AL, 304, 3.73, Dana 300, Holly "goldbox" ignition, BFG 32"
MT,
              T-19 Close ratio