RE: Need a *big horn*

Eric Hegstrom provided the following bit of wisdom:
> Might I suggest keeping your old horn and hooking it up to a switch to
> use as a 'courtesy' horn.

Hmmm, good idea Eric.  I was just wondering what to do with that old glow
plug button.

Kevin Curry wrote:
>I put a siren/air-horn in our Scout. Talk about loud! Came with the P/A and
>everything. The speaker is easily mounted in the p-side fender inside the
engine
>'partment.

I noticed that hole in the front fender on the lower right.  I think that it
was there for air conditioning hoses.  That could work.  But, it also looks
like I could just mount it below my bumper.  There's room for something big
and mighty down there.

Dennis Millward wrote:
>...very flashy, pretty nice, that had a train horn.  Very cool and
attention
>getting.  This does not answer any of your specifics, but may give you
another
>track to explore.  Any locomotive junkyards out there?

Thanks for the idea.  I don't know about junkyards, but my wife used to
design luxury rail cars for a local company.  She promised to call around to
see if she could get lead on one.

You know a really powerful horn & light combo like that probably does more
than just give folks a reminder that they were rude - it probably makes them
quickly get the heck back in their lane for fear of a repeat blast!

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II
1975 4x2 Travelall
1974 4x4 Travelall