Re: Need a *big horn*

I put a siren/air-horn in our Scout. Talk about loud! Came with the P/A and
everything. The speaker is easily mounted in the p-side fender inside the engine
'partment.

Eric Hegstrom wrote:

> Might I suggest keeping your old horn and hooking it up to a switch to
> use as a 'courtesy' horn. I put some air horns on my travelall a few
> months ago (just cheap $20 specials but they are LOUD). Now I am afraid
> to use them except for emergency situations. If someone is sitting at a
> green light in front of me, I am afraid to give them that little
> reminder 'toot' for fear of scaring the hell out of them. I plan to
> implement the courtesy horn.
>
> Peace,
> Eric
>
> Dent8@domain.elided wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 2/26/99 5:49:52 AM, Ken Farmer wrote:
> >
> > >Need a *big horn*
> >
> > At the Arena truck show I went to in january one of the sponsers got to parade
> > a selection of their customized trucks around between events.  I forget what
> > brand it was, but there was one medium-line equivalant set up for big towing,
> > very flashy, pretty nice, that had a train horn.  Very cool and attention
> > getting.  This does not answer any of your specifics, but may give you another
> > track to explore.  Any locomotive junkyards out there?
> > Dennis Millward
> > 63 C1200 (California registered despite their best efforts!)
>
> --
> Eric Hegstrom                                   tele: 520-617-0072 x402
> Sonoran Scanners, Inc.             email: ehegstrom@domain.elided

Kevin and Lisa Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
www.redhummer.net
"It's not a matter of no one else being able to keep up. It's a matter
of no one else being able to follow." -from my Hummer poster