Choke as an engine brake?

Since I've been checking out the conditions of Snoqualmie pass n' such
for my trip to Seattle in a 1.5weeks, I got to thinking... flat towing a
Scout behind my Scout should be interesting on the many (I can count 4
off the top of my head) passes I'm going to traverse.. naturally, I'll
be going *SLOW* on the way down... ;-)

Just wondering... could one yank on the choke as a crude engine brake?
Not the same as the Jacobs used on large diesels (Hmmm.. anyone adapt
one to the Nissan TD in the Scouts? <g>).. but would it make any
difference/help to slow down the Scout?

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72,'77,'77/78 Scout IIs.  Adding a Traveler and a '78 Scout II in the
next month... that makes FIVE plus one that's been cut up.

I bought my first Scout (the '72) on April 23rd, 1996... almost three
years.. I think I'm falling behind...