Re: IHeloise

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and IHMagellan@domain.elided
were heard saying...

>2) If you ever crawl under your Scout to drain the differential, only to
>realize that your hair is laying in the tranny fluid that's leaked all over
>the floor, a zip tie makes a great ponytail holder.

I got one for ya...

When I was recently installing my 392, I of course had the radiator hoses
removed.  A drip of coolant would fall out of the lower radiator opening once
and awhile, so I had a towel on the shop floor underneath to soak up the
drops.  At various times during the install I had to crawl under the front of
the truck, all the time being aware of the coolant drips in order to avoid
having them fall in my face, etc.  But at one particular moment I misjudged
the timing of the drips and my body position.  As I scooted down under the
front of the truck, a drop fell perfectly into my left ear canal.  It was a
hideous feeling!  My garage was filled with curses as I danced around trying
to shake the coolant out.  It was at the end of a hard day and I really didn't
need that... I was really PO'd!

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)