Dana 300 PTO and Trans. temp. probe on dip stick

Good evening all.

Does anyone know if the PTO driven from a Dana 20 in a Scout II will fit
on a Dana 300 transfer case?   A friend in our Scout Club needs lower
gearing while 4-wheeling at higher altitudes, but he likes his 3.07's for
highway use.  He also has a PTO with a custom bumper he doesn't want to
part with.  We can't find any information on Dana 300's with PTO's.  It
"looks" like the Dana 300's have an output plate for a PTO, but knowing
would be better than guessing.

This same gentleman is trying to find a transmission temperature probe he
used in the past that would attach to the end of the trans dip stick.
The wire runs up the dip stick, through the top, and has a plug that can
be detached when checking the trans fluid level.  He prefers this method
so he doesn't have to drill a hole in the bottom of the pan (PTA and
something to get snagged under the truck).  Any know to a place selling
this sender anymore?

Happy scouting!

Mike Ryan
1977 Scout II, 304 (soon ported 345), automatic, Dana 300, 3.54 gears,
4" superlift springs, 1.25" body lift, 33 X 12.5 Swamper TSL Radials

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]