Re: Dana 300 PTO and Trans. temp. probe on dip stick

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, mike d ryan wrote:

> Good evening all.
>
> This same gentleman is trying to find a transmission temperature probe he
> used in the past that would attach to the end of the trans dip stick.
> The wire runs up the dip stick, through the top, and has a plug that can
> be detached when checking the trans fluid level.  He prefers this method
> so he doesn't have to drill a hole in the bottom of the pan (PTA and
> something to get snagged under the truck).  Any know to a place selling
> this sender anymore?

I would check out Omega Engineering at
    www.omega.com

If they can't help you with a temp probe you don't really need it.  Don't
be afraid to call they have always been very helpfull to me.  I want to
get a probe to put in the exhaust.

BTW why not just epoxy a thermocouple to the outside of the oil pan.  that
should do a pretty good job.  If it does get pulled off the oil pan is ok.

Steve