Re: Tranny for 345 wanted

Possibly, but would this work?  a '65 196 into a '79 scout?  seems to be
I saw something about the older 4's being in-line, while the newer models
were slanted?  would a 2" body lift keep this ftrom being a problem?

anyone know?

Joe

On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:17:05 -0600 Kevin Curry <kevin@domain.elided>
writes:
>Sounds like you and Joe Dufresne need to talk. :O)
>
>David Willmon wrote:
>
>> Hello all you in binder-land.  I have been following the
>> list for many months after purchasing a 1965 Scout 800.  Now
>> have the chassis out from under it and plan to remove the
>> 196 engine and replace with a 345.  If anyone is interested
>> in the 196, which seems to be in pretty good running
>> condition, and the transmission, contact me.  Would sell it
>> pretty cheap, like almost free.
>>
>> Anybody have a tranny for a 345 for sale?
>>
>> David Willmon
>> dwillmo@domain.elided
>
>--
>"It's not a matter of no one else being able to keep up. It's a
>matter
>of no one else being able to follow." -from my Hummer poster
>
>SC4x4EI - Home of "TK SLiders" www.muddyjeep.com
>Kevin Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
>Lisa Curry <>< - Gonna be a trailblazer yet!
>'94 Red Hummer 4DHT Slant-back - "HummuH"
>'75 Black International Scout - "Stealth"
>'84 White "Lightening" CJ-7
>'89 Soon to be whatever color Lisa wants Suburban - "Sluggo"
>ICQ# 7653541
>http://www.redhummer.net

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scout.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]