2 ignition questions

well, for question #1.  i finally took care of float adjustment
problems on my 68 800 196's carb.  when i drove it yesterday i noticed
that it seemed to be running on three cylinders.  my friend and i
checked it out and found that the #3 spark plug was not firing.  the
plug looks good and was cleaned and reinstalled.  we came to notice
that we could get it to fire when we pulled the plug boot off
slightly.  we tried  a new wire(the truck had a tune up and new wires
very recently). same thing.  the cap looks pretty good etc.  another
friend said something about arcing causing greater voltage.  any ee's
wish to comment.  anybody have suggestions as i don't think the quick
fixit of pulling the metal connector off far enough to let it arc is
really a dependable one.

question 2.  has anybody ever retrofitted a prestolite dist off of a
304 into a 152?  i have parted my 79 scout 2 and was wondering if this
is doable.  i have heard i need to bypass the resistor wire and would
need to make mods to the dist to make it fire 4 times instead of six.

i have some stuff for sale out of the 79 (no body pieces unless you
send a bucket into which i could pour them!)i do have a tilt tilt
steering column, etc.

thanks for any insight you can offer.

gregg