Re: overdrive and extra low

Rik D wrote about overdrives:
>So many ideas so little time;and money. <

Rik,

  I have an overdrive unit that bolts onto the rear end of my D20.  About a
1 hour installation. It replaces the rear output yoke assembly.  Driveline
has to be shortened 10".   Works only in 2wd, but that's not a problem.
I've forgotten the ratio, something like 2.4:1 final with my 3.73 gears.

  I think these units were made by Warner, as in Borg-Warner.  They appear
to be high quality, all cast iron, no skimpy aluminum castings.  I paid
$150 and  I've seen others in that price range.  Apparently these are
fairly plentiful units although I only know of one other Scouter using one.
 Mr Scout in Eugene, OR has one in his 401AMC Scout so they're probably
strong units.  A while back there was a guy  on the Binder Bulletin tech
talk from SF who had one and knew quite a bit about them.

  Mine was originally installed by a Jeep dealer in a new Wagoneer.

  One nice thing about these units is the short wheelbase Jeep guys can't
use them cause of the extra 10" length so they aren't high demand items.

Doug