Electronic Ignition Tune-up/392 4 Cylinder!

Okay, I have gotten the WagonMaster running under its own power, and it
doesn't sound that bad, but there is NO exhaust from the driver's side
bank.  The other side-plenty of exhaust!  I amhoping thius is something
simple, and got plugs today to change those out, but this has the
electronic ignition, about which I am ignorant.  Anyone want to
narrate?  I am getting ready to start reading through my "Chilton's" but
am not sure how much help that will be.  I am assuming that I have EI,
because I have a gold box on te firewall, and when I take the cap off of
the dist, there is nothing there except a rotor and a plastic cap under
it.  Sound right?  Could this one-sidedness really be as simple as a
tune-up/bad plugs (one whole side)?  There is apparently a light exhaust
leak on that side, but not enough to let all exhaust pressure out-I
don't think, but you guys have seen my thinking process before-take the
heads off because you're low on oil!!!
Or, am I looking at the prospect that this engine may be shot?
By the way, Dan Nees wins the "identify the fuel flow problem" award for
the WM.  He was the first to say my fuel flow problem was simply the
fuel filter.  He was right.  In doing all of the repairs I had the fuel
pump sucking gas from down underneath the truck out of a Jerry can, and
it would run forever.  I have run it to fine tune some things a few
times, and driven it about a quarter of a mile, and there is a thick
pink-ish sludge already filling the new fuel pump, and it is doing
exactly what it did before-start, run for a few minutes, or now it's
down to about twenty seconds, then die.  Can't keep it going no matter
what.  Pretty sure this is the problem-the fuel filter.  I got those
clear glass ones with the replaceable filter so I can monitor it, and am
going to put one in the line just off of the tank, and one in the line
just before the pump.
Any way that this simple not enough fuel problem is getting the fuel
only to drop through one side of the intake manifold and carb?  This
would explain one-sided running, but does not seem likely to me.
Any other suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!

Michael