Double Hump Oil Pan Config.

Greetings,

I'm just about done rebuilding the 392 engine I purchased from a wrecking
yard last November.  This engine is intended for my 76 Traveler.  This
weekend I started cleaning a spare Scout oil pan in preparation for
painting in the next few days.  It's the double hump configuration that I'm
already familiar with in my Traveler.  However, I noticed this pan destined
for the 392 only has a rear sump drain plug, verses both the front and rear
sumps having a drain plug on the 345 in my Traveler.

So I have a question for you late model Scout owners whose engines have the
double sump pan with only the rear drain bolt: When changing your oil, does
it only take 5 quarts of oil, verses the 6 my Traveler now takes?

Thanks,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT