Re: Double Hump Oil Pan Config.

John,
   I'd like to hear Howard explain about the single drain plug on the
pan. I've heard the story, but; it is worth hearing again. It just
proves some people have to much time on their hands.
   My new Scout GOOD has the friggin' single drain pan and when I
drained the truck's oil I just went ahead and put the usual 6 in and
didn't gat any oil burning or leaking or anything like that.
   I fully intend to drop the pan and drill it out for one of those
plugs that NAPA sells so that I have both a front and rear sump.

cookiedan@domain.elided
2 1979 Scout II's and one 1971 Scout 810