Boys and Girls

Actually, It was Jim Grammar who told me that at "bindertown" (his back
yard), you didn't get a name unless you ran, and Travelalls were girls, and
trucks were boys.

Ken Farmer wrote:

(SNIP)

I think somebody else once wrote that Travelalls are female.  I picture mine
as a big-boned woman with too many mai-tais kicking it up on a small dance
floor.  Kinda like Miss Piggy on steroids.  She thinks she's beautiful, she
doesn't realize how big she is or how intimidated the other dancers are.
And nobody will tell her, because if you got her mad, she could probably
clear the bar ;-)

Whereas the Scout seems more like a burly little guy.  Kinda like that
175-lb 5'4" master gunnery sergeant I once knew in the marine corps.  He
could do 20 miles a day on forced marches with no sweat, then kick butt that
night!