Re: Engine ID by Casting Numbers

Kevin:

What your friend has there is an old V304 -- with the contoured pistons and
heads for same.  It's neither a v345 nor a 392.

The Binder Bulletin issue that just got mailed has an article (courtesy of
Eldon McFarling) on "Engine ID by Casting Number".  And a second list of
cylinder head casting numbers.

The lists are admittedly incomplete, but a great start.

Regards,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin
http://www.binderbulletin.org