Door holes, dropped pittman, and my typical scout

Didn't get to work from home today, so my IH digest time is limited to 52
seconds...

On doors:  You can either replace your door panel carpet with regular
           carpet (go for orange shag), or have any auto upholstery shop
           do it for you.  I got a set of the metal interior covers, in
           case I finally decide to Rhino Liner/Linex the interior of my
           Scout (first I have to verify compatibility between POR-15
           urethane primer and the coatings).

On Pittman arm:  I'm not using one, for the basic reason no scouter does:
           I don't want to give up the turning radius.  Also, I'm not
           sure that it is necessary.

On my Typical Scout: I'm not sure how uncommon my problems have been. Gary
           at GUS had a scout that required front diff yoke grinding in
           order to eliminate binding after an installation of triangles
           (It took me about four days before mine settled low enough that
           it wasn't necessary.  Also, a number of folks have thought that
           there might be some manufacturing variations in the springs -
           and that my springs had holes that were off-center (giving me
           a more negative caster).  Maybe.  Of course, mine is also a
           daily driver that I frequently spends hours in at 70 mph.  And,
           I got to tell you that little handling quirks really get your
           attention at 75 mph!

On 2x4 to 4x4 conversions:  Allen W. would probably be the fellow to speak
           with.  I thought about it, since I have such a nice 4x2
travelall.
	     But everyone says to forget about it due to the work involved.

Ken Farmer