Re: What do Scouts weigh?

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:29:03 -0500 (EST) cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel
Nees) writes:
>The prototype number appears, I believe, at the bottom of your line
>setting ticket. 8-SCTT-44-xxx (8 is probably 1978, 44 is probably 4X4).
>The Terras are SCPU,Travelers are SCTR and SS's are STSS. I believe that
>dealers selected a Prototype model (with a 3 digit number and a name for
>the model) and than added and deleted options from that. (Howard
>hopefully can add and correct this info.)
>Charlie Bierly

About my only contact with the ordering system was when I ordered my
Scout, which definitely wasn't a prototype model, but my understanding of
the system is that if you ordered a prototype, you took what they
offered.  If you wanted something different, you got out an order form,
started with the base model and added all the options that you wanted.
The prototypes were there to eliminate this step in the ordering process.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]