From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #516
Date: Mon, Jan 25, 1999, 6:10 PM

Joe:

Bet you won't find any difference in gas mileage due to steel vs
aluminum wheels.

Off road, I perfer steel. They can be hit and they will bend or get a
dent, but still hold air. They are repairable and cheap. Aluminum on
the
other hand will break or crack if you hit a rock - it won't bend or
dent
in the form they use to cast wheels with. And, it costs a lot more. Do
you want to bang up a set of $800 aluminum wheels off road?

Tom H.