Re: PCV valves

Joe:

The PCV valve is nothing but a one-way valve that meters a vacuum signal
from the intake manifold to the engine oil galleries. You can tell if
it's good by shaking it and seeing if you hear a "rattle" inside. That
is the little plastic do-hicky is loose and flopping. Then it's good.

If no rattle, plastic restrictor is bad, you need a new PCV valve.

If no one has given you a number yet, write back and I'll go out and
look at mine. It has a brand name and item number on it I seem to
remember.

Tom H.