Re: 72 TA small gas tanks, Tom's Body lift

Rich, on the Small gas tanks:
Another cause that you might not be getting
full capacity out of your travelall tanks is that
the pickup tube on the sender may be too short,
so it can't suck more than half a tank out.

Try this high-tech test:
1.  Run tank(s) empty, i.e., until the engine quits.
2.  Roll underneath and knock on the tank like knocking
   on a door.  Sound empty?  Or does it sound like
there is some liquid in there?  It is pretty obvious.
Knock on it when it is full and you'll get the idea
of what the sound is when there is gas in it.
If it sounds like a good amount of gas, then the pickup
tube might be it.

Tom's body lift:
Tom, I've heard that the hockey pucks don't last long.
How many 2" dia X 1" high pucks do you need?  I bet
I can find delrin or similar in Seattle next time I'm
downtown.  Pacific Iron building materials and
Pacific Industrial come to mind.  I have a bandsaw
too.  What's a fair price to pay?  I could get you
solid steel too, but they charge like $0.50 per cut,
I don't have the equip to make nice clean cuts in
2" solid steel bar.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup