Tom, Dan, Michael, Body Lift & Materials

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 Tom Mandera asked about Body Lift Materials

Tom,
I think you need a 3" diameter lift puck, not 2".

The only problem with steel is the weight,  the total will be the
same as a 3" diameter rod, 8" long (Eight 1" pucks).  That may not
be meaningful at 1" of lift on a heavy Scout.  A 2" or 3" steel
lift would be though, think of the heft of a 3" rod 24" long...

BTW, you can buy 1" aluminum pucks, from MORE Equipment I believe.

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 cookiedan advised Michael on Body Lifts
But I think you guys were confusing body "lifts" with body "bushings".
Use rubber or poly for mounting bushings
Use metal or nylon for body lifts

>Just from what I've read the only good body lift to go with is one
>made of Poluerothane. Rubbr is to soft to use as a body lift, and other
>materials, such as metal or wood could potentially be dangerous.

Bob
77 Scout II
LIOR