Lift idea

Evening Digesters,

About a year ago, I was thinking through the different types of lifts, body /
suspension / spring over, etc, that good be done to my Scout. I had pondered
the advantages and disadvantages of each, and had also seen some inovative
mods, such as buggy springs, four link systems and drop down shackle setups to
name a few. I had even given some thought into perches that move up and down,
depending on whether you were driving the freeway or off roading.

So my question is: Has anybody thought about or seen or tried relocating all
four spring perches downward 4 inches. My thought was that you would gain the
same thing as a 4 inch suspension lift without any of the negatives. They
certainly could be made beefier than stock. Cheaper to fabricate. Am I missing
something. Actually, what I had thought at the time was, that the best lifting
setup might be the following: 2 inch perch relocation, 2 inch suspension lift
& 2 inch body lift.

So, what do you all think. Am I just a little carzy, or have I been reading
too many of Tom Mandera's posts?

STeve