Re: 304 swap update

> Tom M,
>   Didn't you play around with jetting your 304/2210?  What was the final config you ended up with. BTW the 304 came with a 2300, but I swapped it out for the 2210.  I figured it would be in better shape and easier to hook up, the latter truned out to be true except no auto choke setup on the manifold.

Sorry, Tark, but I've never even seen/touched a 2210!  :-)

I have a 2300, 350cfm, #7448 aftermarket 2bbl.. and I still haven't
settled on #61 or #58 jets.  I tried the 58s.. I think I got better
mileage, but I was dealing with too many other drivability problems
(like fouling plugs at high speed/high load due to a weak spark - either
a shot coil or a funky afermarket electronic ignition upgrade on the '72
points Holley dist... I had to change both at the same time.. I broke
the stud off on the coil when I put the Pertronix in. d'oh!).

I'm getting closer to getting my accelerator pump adjusted properly and
the hesitation removed.. I'm learnin'... once I get that down, I'll
watch my mileage again and maybe I'll put the 58s back in... but, like
Darrel Kline (that's running the same setup as I am... Holley 7448 2300
350cfm, 304V8, close 4spd, 4.10s, 33s) mentioned, there *is* a
noticeable difference in power between the 58s and 61s...

I got 10mpg coming home from Bozeman a week ago.. *towing* another
Scout.  Not sure what my unloaded highway mileage is at the moment..

Sorry, Tark!

-Tom