Re: Tom M's Body lift

Twmart@domain.elided wrote:

> Tom I was wondering what were the specs for the 1" body lift parts were? I
> have some local pastics Co. let me know what you need and I will see if I can
> get it for you.

Tom,

Specs are some type of material, 2" OD, 7/16" ID.  2" OD rod, 12" long
would be sufficient.. I could find someone to chop it up on a bandsaw
and punch the 7/16" ID hole.

Material - Urethane has been mentioned.. so has Delrin.  When I called
the plastics guy in Bozeman, they had another material they suggested
that I don't recall the name.

I'm sure there are a few others on the list that a 1" body lift sounds
appealing to... someone should package it. :-)

I may have a friend just bring me 8 high quality hockey pucks up from
Bozeman this weekend (we're goin' wheelin!).. he used the puck-method on
the custom flat-bed he just put on the back of his shortened '79 F250.
Of course, his statement is - "It's only the bed..." vs. my entire
"body"..

Spring time is coming all too soon... Easter Jeep Safari is coming up...
n' I've gotta get ready... (no, I'm not hitting Safari.. though the plan
is to hit Moab about 2 weeks after Safari)

Thanks, Tom.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout