Re: 3 speed rebuild update

Roy,
  I had a similar problem when I dropped in the 196, as the engine
had a different clutch fork arm in the bellhousing than the 152 had.
Fortunately, the 'intermediate shaft' (the rod that runs parallel to
the firewall) from my 152 had two holes drilled in it, one about 1.5"
lower than the other, so I installed the clevis in the lower hole to
give more throw.  I had to use a hacksaw to clearance the firewall
opening for the threaded rod from the pedal assembly.  If that hadn't
worked, I'd have chosen to augment that idea by drilling another hole
lower on the pedal assembly for the other clevis to attach to.
HTH,
Myron