Body lift

Bob,
When you lower the column into the firewall, it barely moves anything up top.  The pivot point under the dash is very close to the wheel compared to whats happening at the fire wall.  I'd say its probably about a 4:1 difference.  A movement down in the firewall of 2" is only gonna move the wheel a 1/2" up.  Mine has tilt wheel, so that didn't really matter.  Also, you will probably have to only use the top bolt holes (closer to the steering wheel) in the column bracket to mount to the lower two holes (closer to the wall) in the pedal bracket.  This results in a little more "belly clearance", which may or amy not effect you (we've never met).  It didn't help me at all but I like the postion of the wheel now, its not as "in your face" as it used to be.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20