Re: 3 speed rebuild update

Roy,
  I had a similar problem after I swapped in the 196.  The shaft that
goes through the bellhousing was different than that of my 152's, and
wouldn't push the throwout bearing far enough into the clutch
fingers.  The 'intermediate shaft' (the linkage that runs parallel to
the firewall from the pedal) had two holes on the end nearest the
brake master cylinder, one about 1.5" lower than the other, and I put
the clevis into the lower hole to give the arm more throw.  If that
hadn't worked, I'd have drilled another hole lower on the pedal
assembly to increase the throw even more.  I *did* have to take a
hacksaw to the firewall where the threaded rod passes through to give
the rod a little more clearance.
HTH,
Myron   '68 800