Cruise control questions

All,
       I'm re-wiring a 77 Scout II and found a Dana Perfect Circle speed
control box.  I cant find anything on the steering column or dash that looks
like a switch for it, the wiring is hosed so when I trace it, I end up at
either the fuse box or my gauges.  What did IH put to control cruise control
and where did they put it?   Because I cant find the switch, I think the
column has been switched...is there anyway I can tell if this column is from
an IH vehicle?  Last but not least...Is there anyway I can tell if this
speed box will work before I go through the effort of trying to hook it up?
Thanks.

                                                    Semper Fi,

Matt Seay

77 II, 345 T19 wide