help whats different on a 78?

John,
AKAIK, the biggest difference is that the '78 has a different engine harness/bulkhead connector.  Everything else should be close and a bolt in swap.  The light housings all turned into plastic w/grounding strap......possibly some emissions changes.  The same drive train options were available.

Don't bother trying to swap the 5 speed in the Scout.  It could be done with a lot of work, but you're better off sticking to the OEM setup, and selling that tranny to me for my T'all......:)
In truth, that swap is a lot of work.  Nice tranny, but a lot of work to get it into a scout.  Keep it in a PU or T'all.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20