Re: help whats different on a 78?

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:52:36 -0000 "Jeff Tarquinio"
<tark_terra@domain.elided> writes:
>John,
>AKAIK, the biggest difference is that the '78 has a different engine
>harness/bulkhead connector.  Everything else should be close and a
>bolt in swap.  The light housings all turned into plastic w/grounding
>strap......possibly some emissions changes.  The same drive train
>options were available.

Tark is basically right that there weren't a lot of changes in  '78,
probably fewer than in some other years, but he missed the biggest
one--the distributor and ignition module.  Here's the list of changes I
have for '78:

1978.  Same 2 slot grille used as 1977, but support bars are blacked out.

New arm rests (from S-Series), Prestolite "Common Base" distributor
with integral electronic ignition used after 10/6/77, 3.73 rear axle
ratio optional, Tiempo All-season tires optional, plastic tail light
and marker light housings after 2/78, Lock-O-Matic Hubs have steel
ring in manual section replacing plastic 3/6/78.  New
appliques:Rallye has "hash" marks, white and woodgrain with pattern
that varies from front to rear, stripe is now a thin stripe between
the markers.  Rustproofing improvements are gradually being made.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]