For Sale - '68 1200C Travelette

Fellow digesters,

There is a '68 1200C Travelette, 345, auto, 2wd for sale here and I
wanted to share the details in case one of you out there are interested.
I have looked it over and gave it serious thought but I think that I
will put my money into my Scout for now.

My best evaluation of this truck is that the body is in great shape with
only light surface rust in a few spots outside. It looks like there is
some rust on the fresh air ducts under the dash but it doesn't look too
bad. Engine seems to run fairly well - it has been reported to have been
sitting for about 2 years so it needs some attention. Both the 2bbl carb
and the alternator have been replaced at some point ( both are clean and
unpainted). Interior and glass are good - it has some kind of high back
bucket seats in the front with the original front bench supposedly
available. It has the large 6 bolt split rims on it. Looks like a Dana
60 in the back. Drum brakes all around. Has power steering and air
conditioning. Air is complete but no belt on compressor so I don't know
if it works.

The downside that I have found - steering is very loose. It was pretty
scary going around the block. Brakes also are weak - don't know why. Did
check m/c and it was low on fluid. Did not see any visible leaks though.
Needs tires - one front has the cords visible in some very large areas
where there used to be tread. Backs are probably OK for a while. No
spare available.

Finally tracked the owners father down today and he told me that they
paid $1200 for it three years ago and want nothing less than $1000 for
it now. Even though it has been for sale for a couple months here he
said they would not drop the price. He told me that if they don't sell
it within another month or two they were going to drive it to Dallas (
600 or so miles ) and sell it there - thinks they can get $1500 minimum
there. I offered $500 if they could find a spare rim - with the problems
it has I don't want it more than $500 worth as it could not be a daily
driver without some work.

If you want more details or would like to talk to the seller I will be
happy to share information and try to assist if I can. Just let me know.

Thanks, Terry