1000 Travelall "lift"

You can raise the front by cranking the torsion bar adjustments (Big bolts
at the rear of the torsion bars).  Completely free!!

Warning:  they are fine thread bolts, and probably need A LOT of soaking in
B'Blaster.  If you snap one you're going to have a hard time finding a
replacement.

BTW... it should be obvious that if you lift the front first with a floor
jack it will be a lot easier to tighten the bolts.  Don't ask me at what
point in the process I realized that.  Measure the gap between the lower
A-arm and the bump-stop bracket.

But I don't know how much you can get  I think my '67 only has about 1"..
but it looks pretty cool with about 2" in back.  I can fit 31x10.50's no
problem (yes, I've hit the bumpstops w/no rub).. and they look great.  The
couple of inches in the rear was from 2 extra leaf springs per side from a
local spring shop.

You'll never get an "off-road" look with the 1000 series.  Wasn't what it
was designed for --  Go for the sport-truck look, with nicely filled
wheelwells ( a bikini-clad blonde is always nice to have hanging around it,
too ).

The 6 cyl engine should be the 241.  Look at the engine serial number
(passenger's side right behind the water pump, printed vertically).  The IH
6cyl cam out orginally as  220ci, then bored and stroked versions of  240
and 265 ci were added.  I think the 220 was dropped by the early '60s, and
then the 240 and 265 mysteriously gained an inch of displacement w/out
changing bore or stroke.  They apparently never changed the stamping for the
oil pan.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA